Wednesday, January 6, 2010

God Don't Make Junk

So you hear preachers say this all the time, but does this translate to the world of childbirth? Yes, absolutely if you ask me or anyone else who understands birth is a normal process and should be treated as much.

Here is my point. There is this almighty God, creator of all. He made the sun rise enough to give plants food, it rains enough so the grass grows, you never see birds begging for bread, he takes care of everything.......SO WHY WOULD HE DESIGN YOU BODY NOT TO BE ABLE TO BIRTH A BABY!?!?!?!??!? This really annoys me, not only because I feel less than supported from most people for VBACing, but because the support I get is "good luck" "I hope you can do it". But it's not like that. God didn't give me a faulty body. He wouldn't do that to anyone he would expect to procreate. I know he has called me to have kids, so I'll do that the way he designed that happens to be the safest and healthiest for me and baby, even after a cesarean.

Women need to, in my opinion, look at birth as a normal event. Yes, have a caregiver there who can look for complications, and most of those complications can be corrected by God given things like diet, position changes, water, relaxation. Sometimes, yes sometimes, there are high risk situations where a mom needs a surgeon and or someone skilled in complications of pregnancy. Then yes, that is why God made Doctors, but first, he made you and your body.

A BABY IS MADE TO BE BORN JUST AS MUCH AS A MOTHER IS MADE TO BIRTH

No comments:

Post a Comment