Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Going again 2

Ok, so we had our first interview with a midwife. She was nice, but I don't think she is the one for us. She didn't have a lot of experience with VBACs, and I think she was more nervous about it than I was. She had only been to 350 births, and she seemed kinda, combative in a way. She also wasn't very experienced in breastfeeding, and reverted to the "nipple shield" way too early than I would think necessary. Not really what we are looking for.

I have heard from many of the midwives that after having an IUD, it's best to wait a couple months after it is removed to let the uterine lining heal. Makes perfect sense. That means we will probably start trying around Feb. Now, whether or not we have PCOS, can make all the difference in that being the conception month. I hope it is, because I am ready, and I don't want to pick a midwife and go through preconception counseling, and not use her prenatally for 6 months or so. I would like to, if possible, avoid the third trimester in the heat of the summer. That could be bad, although, last time it wasn't too bad. Liam was born on July 30th, and I really wasn't too uncomfortable at the end. Besides the need for the occasional hot bath and foot rub, I was good. Maybe, that will repeat itself. I hope the morning sickness doesn't. That was TERRIBLE. That's the only thing Phillip and I worry about. At least this time, we will know what to do if it happens, and we have more help.

Another interview tomorrow, then two next week. Wish us Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment